Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jgriebel
Level: Powered On

HTTP API call not running/working within for each

Hi, 

I build a flow which calls an API URL, when I create the link manually for one item via Compose function it is working.

when I move the same elements within the "for each" it is not working.

I started building this fow with just one http call, when I later added a SharePoint list as source to run the same for multiple items it generates the usual for each section. 
I build up the same link for the API within the "for each" via Compose from the SharePoint list but it is not working there.

also when I move the manual created link witin the "for each" it is not working while it was working outside of it.

before the "for each": 

image.png

when the same is called within the "for each": 

image.png

I tried also to move the manual composed link within the for each whith same result as for the link created from the SharePoint list, so the Status code 302 only appears if the HTTP function is called within the "for each" but working if it is called outside the "for each".

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: HTTP API call not running/working within for each

Hi @jgriebel,

Before the HTTP action, please add a Parse JSON action. Then in the HTTP action, use Get method to receive the returned values.

Hope this blog could be a reference for you.

http://johnliu.net/blog/2017/10/convert-sharepoint-files-to-pdf-via-flow

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jgriebel
Level: Powered On

Re: HTTP API call not running/working within for each

I have followed your suggestion but without success. I added the Prase JSON action to take the composed value and give it to the HTTP Action, still the same issue.

I have added the same also outside the for-each loop and there it is working fine.

image.png

I think the point is that this only fails if the action runs within a For-each-loop.

Outside the loop it is working as expected.

Both are using the exact same content and in this example the For-each-loop is manually triggered with an simple array of 2 items just to show the issue.

I build a work-around by using 2 Flows, one which go through the items with the for-each-loop and making an HTTP request to an other flow, which just handling one item at the time and caling the API via the HTTP action, this is working well, but needed 2 flows instead of one.

best regards

Jens Griebeler 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,413)