cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
serverhorror
Regular Visitor

Harvest Connector doesn't accept float for hours

Hello,

I am using the Harvest connector. I managed to create a Flow that gets all the right values and creates a few variables so that I have the number of hours as a float.

Harvest itself does, to my knowledge, accept floats. I can enter them everywhere in the UI and when using Zapier I can send floats to Harvest. They get booked properly.

The problem is that the Harvest connector itself only accepts integer values.

How does one create a 30 minute time entry (event source being a calendar entry from M365)?

serverhorror_0-1612965894725.png

"""The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Create_time_entry' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: Input parameter 'body/hours' is required to be of type 'Integer/int32'. Converting the integer value '0.5' to type 'Integer/int32' will result in a loss of precision. Use the 'float()' expression if this is intended."""

6 REPLIES 6
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @serverhorror,

I'm not sure whether float data was previously supported as hours, but at present, the hour field only supports integers. You can refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/harvest/#create-time-entry 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

serverhorror
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-litu-msft

Thanks for looking into this so quickly.

I chose this example because the bug is that it doesn't support float but only integer as you point out with the documentation link.

Let me refer you to the upstream (Harvest) documentation, maybe I'm misunderstanding but I can create a time entry of "0.5 hours" in Harvest just fine. I can't create this when using the Harvest Connector in Power Automate.

serverhorror
Regular Visitor

Maybe this picture makes it clear:

2021-02-11_22-39-18.png

JohanBadenhorst
Regular Visitor

Same problem, cant send any time over other than full hours... please help!

serverhorror
Regular Visitor

Hello, @v-litu-msft 

Any news here?

This is clearly a bug in the connector itself. I am aware that it doesn't supporta floats -- that is the bug.

Thanks,

/m

serverhorror
Regular Visitor

Hello, @v-litu-msft 

Do you have any news?

I get the feeling that my money would be better spend with another provider that starts with G and ends with oogle...

Thanks,

/m

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (85,934)