cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

I can't delete unused connections

I have a number of connections that I used in experimental flows. I have since stopped using the connectors and/or deleted the flows. The connectors, however, are still listed under Data > Connections. For example, I have a Mail connection that is not being used. Under "Flows using this connection" it lists one flow with the name "Logic flows". Clicking on the flow produces an error (but that seems to be the case for any connection so I suspect that is a different issue). The name "Logic flows" appears multiple times for many connectors. My suspision is that it is some sort of left over reference to now deleted flows.

I also have one SharePoint form PowerApp listed under "Apps using this connection" (the app never directly used the connection but it does call a flow that did use the connection).

If I delete the connection then the next user to use the PowerApp gets asked to re-authorise the connection and it is added back.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, eventually fixed it with time. I deleted the connection and removed the Flow call from the PowerApp. Then I saved everything, quit and went for lunch. An hour later I re-added the flow call and the connection didn’t come back.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IvanTheBearable,

What you mean is that only the connection of PowerApps can't be deleted, or is it automatically added after other connections are deleted?

I can't reproduce such an issue here currently, I am still testing whether other connections have such problems. If confirmed, I will also help report this issue.

This seems to be a bug. Similar thread please refer to:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Removing-useless-connections/td-p/76506

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, that looks like exactly the same/similar symptoms I am having with the Mail connection.

The PowerApp UI doesn't show me the connections used by the app directly. Instead, when I select File > Connections I get the same page as when I select Data > Connections in the Flow interface. Different title in the Suite bar and different URLs but they appear to be showing the same thing - all the connections in the environment. Whichever way I get there, this page shows the Mail connector as being used by the PowerApp form and a Flow called "Logic flows" (which I am guessing refers to a flow that doesn't exist anymore). I can delete the connection but the next time the PowerApp is opened, the user is asked to re-authorise and the connector returns exactly as before.

The Mail connection is not the only one having a problem. Other connections have similar problems. The list of flows using the connection contains flows that are no longer using the connection, flows that no longer have the name listed and multiple flows with the name "Logic flows".

Well, eventually fixed it with time. I deleted the connection and removed the Flow call from the PowerApp. Then I saved everything, quit and went for lunch. An hour later I re-added the flow call and the connection didn’t come back.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,109)