cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

In 'Create recurring flows' example the 'Excel service' Excel - Get rows action does NOT exist or does not appear in the list of actions

Hi Everyone. 

I'm very new to this, so I'm working through the flow training.

• I've got onto the 'Create recurring flows' task.
  • I added the 'schedule form blank' picking interval of 1 and freq of day
  • Next it asks me to choose the New Step and pick 'Excel' service' and Excel - Get rows action.

This action DOESN'T EXIST in the list !

I can see get row... but NOT get rows. This is very confusing. The training shouldn't suggest examples which ain't there really. 

Can anyone please let me know what other options I could choose to make this work?Excel - Get rows doesn't existExcel - Get rows doesn't exist

The other thing is, the 'reporting an issue' option at the bottom of the page ALSO doesn't work. When I tried to report this all I got was 'Something went wrong. Please try again !'  Tried multiple different variations of reporting the issue and NONE worked 

😞 

That needs to be fixed ! 

See pic below : 

Report feedback doesn't work [ to report an issue with flow learning ].PNG

1 REPLY 1
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for your feedback!

Now, there is no Get rows action in the Excel connector, instead, you can use the List Rows present in an table action to get rows of the table.

When you submit the issue if the page report something wrong, you can refresh this page and try it again, or submit feedback and this page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/getting-started#were-here-to-helpAnnotation 2019-11-01 141840.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,507)