cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Incorrect account is used by the Outlook V2 connector in a Team Flow

I have a Team Flow shared between myself and a colleague (co-owners). This flow uses the Outlook V2 connector to send email. My colleague configured the Outlook V2 connector to authenticate via a third account at our company. We tested the flow from his account, and the flow performed as expected, sending email from the third account. However, when I run the flow from my account, the flow sends email from my email account (!!). There is no error message; when I edit the flow, the Outlook action shows as correctly configured to use the connection to the third account. This is a terrible bug. If the connector can't authenticate to the proper account, it should fail and throw an error, not silently continue using the logged in user's email account. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @mts2148 

This is the expected behavior. The Flows run under the context of the user that is triggering the Flow, in this case as the Flow is shared with your co-worker and you are the owner, when you are the one that triggers the Flow it is your account sending the email. As your co-worker configured the third account, then the Flow sends emails from that account when he triggers the Flow, this is expected.

Best Regards,

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution
Highlighted

Thank you for your reply. If this is the expected behavior, shouldn’t the Outlook action connector indicate my account rather than the account my colleague configured when I edit the flow and open the send email action’s properties? That would be the expected behavior given what you have stated. Instead, I see the checkmark next to the account that my colleague configured, which as you stated is not the account used to send the messages. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (12,066)