cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Francis
Advocate I
Advocate I

Instant/SharePoint flow with Email input no longer accepts external email addresses

(reposted here from the Get help forum as suggested by Scott Shearer)

There has been a (hopefully) unintended breaking change with the email input field for triggers.

I have a SharePoint (selected file) trigger for a flow that asks for email addresses as input. Up until this week, users where able to input any valid email addresses, including external ones:

Francis_0-1639074765350.png

Now the field only accepts actual directory users.

Francis_1-1639074765188.png

This is a breaking change for my process. How is that possible that only internal user's email addresses can be "valid" email addresses in a business process input? Thanks!

20 REPLIES 20
KathyBl
Frequent Visitor

I also have this issue and do not want to change every single flow process that takes an email address as input and make it a text field. I will submit a ticket with Microsoft. This is a critical break for us too! It starts off our new hire onboarding process!

KathyBl
Frequent Visitor

My Microsoft support request number is: 2112200010002495

gjayne1984
Helper I
Helper I

I'm not sure how anyone else is getting on with their support tickets but raising mine has proved a waste of time.  I was told by the MS support person that sending e-mails to external addresses with any of the manual triggers isn't supported.  At first they tried to say it's never been supported but then I showed them some previous runs from a few weeks ago although this didn't seem to convince them fully.

I'm at a bit of a loss now as to what to do.  The only alternative seems to be changing the email input to normal text but I can see that causing issues with no input validation etc.

Hi @gjayne84 ,

I think responses largely depend on the person you get at Microsoft. The following is the response I got from the Microsoft Rep that picked up my ticket:

Hello Kathy,

Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Power Automate support. This is Alex and I will be the Support Professional who will be working with you in this case 2112200010002495.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some difficulties with Power Automate.

Thank you for reporting this as well as providing me the link to the article referencing what you and other users are experiencing.

I would like to let you know that we are currently trying to fix this as soon as possible. This issue has been already identified and we have it marked at the highest priority. I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing. At this time, I do not have an ETA on when it will be fixed but if you want I can notify you once the issue is mitigated.

If you have any further questions, please let me know and I will be more than happy to help!

I look forward to your reply.

gjayne1984
Helper I
Helper I

@KathyBl wow that is a different response to the one I got but one that is definitely more positive.  At least they've acknowledged the issue and hopefully if it's a priority it will get fixed as soon as possible.  I'm glad you posted this as I wasn't looking forward to changing all the flows we have that make use of this functionality 😊

@gjayne84 ,

I will post any updates I get on this issue. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Hi, my ticket is also taking KathyBI's turn. It is acknowledged as a bug, they are working on it and they will keep me posted as to when a fix will be pushed. Thanks!

KathyBl
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft response this morning:

From: Alex Bedigian Perez <v-alexbed@microsoftsupport.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 4, 2022 9:00 AM
To: ROI IT Support <ITSupport@roihs.com>
Cc: sdmpwr@microsoft.com; v-vlopez@microsoft.com
Subject: RE: Prior to this week I was able to enter a no... - TrackingID#2112200010002495

Hello Kathy,

Happy new year!

I wanted to notify you that we’ve finally received an ETA on the work item.

The current ETA is scheduled for January 24th.

Best regards,

Alex Bedigian
PowerApps & Power Automate Support Engineer – Americas Region
v-alexbed@microsoftsupport.com
Working Hours: 7 AM to 4 PM EST | Mon – Fri
Support Manager: Soledad Gil (v-soledadgil@microsoft.com

Francis
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same here, week of January 24th.

Francis
Advocate I
Advocate I

All solved on January 24th as planned, here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,357)