cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Internal Server Error on Save when HTTP Action has "@..." in the Body.

I'm working on a flow that creates private channels in a Team. This functionality isn't available through the provided Teams connector so I'm using the generic HTTP action for now. Through Graph Explorer and Postman I can create private channels by creating an Azure application and using the example found at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/channel-post?view=graph-rest-beta&tabs=http#examples. When I create the same action in Power Automate and click the Save button I get the following error message, "Encountered internal server error. The tracking Id is '<UNIQUE ID>'.". The issue appear to be with "@..." appearing in the body of the HTTP POST action. If I remove the "@" symbol I can save the flow with no issues. If I change "@odata.type" to something else like "@randomstuff" I still get the save error. Unless someone knows of an alternative, the Graph API for creating private channels or adding members to a channel must include that "@odata.type" property. Performing other GET or POST requests against channels using the HTTP action work without issue.

Here is what my action looks like.

HTTP_Action_Save_Error.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Internal Server Error on Save when HTTP Action has "@..." in the Body.

Hi @amorrow ,

I would make a test later and reply here once the issue is confirmed.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Internal Server Error on Save when HTTP Action has "@..." in the Body.

Thanks Alice,

I hope the issue can be replicated and resolved quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,900)