cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Issues with For a selected file trigger - Identifier and SQL Connector

I have seen this reported a few times, but it would be great to have it addressed and corrected.  Especially as I am finding other issues with this trigger as well.  The common issue is that if you create a blank flow using the "For a Selected File" trigger you can't get file properties easily as the File ID is not available in Dynamic content.  There are two workarounds.  Grab it in a compose or use the Create a custom action for a selected file template.  While the workaround works, the user experience is not great. 

I found another issue today.  This is around the SQL connector.  If any actions from a SQL connector are used in flow with this trigger the actions will fail.  Errors usually are "Permission Exception. inner exception: Internal error: dataSourceCredentials"  Using a SQL connector with the same connection in a flow with a different connector works just fine, but as soon as any SQL actions are added to a flow with this trigger the SQL actions no longer work.

Has anyone else encountered this?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Issues with For a selected file trigger - Identifier and SQL Connector

Hi @DavidMDrever ,

Could you provide more details about the SQL connector issue?

Which one is the trigger you mentioned, and if you can, please take a screenshot to illustrate the issue you are experiencing so that we can analyze the problem or provide a proper workaround for you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,554)