cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Item ID does not belong to current mailbox - issue with Delete email function

I have several flows set up for a long time and they were working nicely until yesterday.

Today they start failing at the step "Delete email" returning the following error message "Item ID does not belong to current mailbox".

I haven't changed anything within the flows. They just suddenly stopped working.

I want some emails received in a shared mailbox to be saved in a sharepoint folder and then deleted from Outlook inbox. 

The deletion step fails as described above. I assume this is a general issues most users are experiencing.

Can anyone advise on a resolution please?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Item ID does not belong to current mailbox - issue with Delete email function

Hi @io1 - we've also been discussing this error on the Connecting to Data forum

No resolution, but multiple users are reporting this issue.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Item ID does not belong to current mailbox - issue with Delete email function

I have the same issue. It worked fine up until last week. The Delete Email (V2) doesn't delete the email anymore.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue this morning. I have 2 separate flows that get emails from 2 different Shared Inboxes and Create the email in a SharePoint list. Both are giving the error message below on the Get Email step. This has been working for almost 2 years without issue and just started last night. Need this fixed ASAP as it is holding up Business Critical operations.

{ "status": 404, "message": "Item Id doesn't belong to the current mailbox.\r\nclientRequestId: 6c40f5e1-81f3-4383-b667-c65ce0bbd6a7\r\nserviceRequestId: f940f2ba-16bd-45c0-bdc7-64fa427f3667", "error": { "message": "Item Id doesn't belong to the current mailbox.", "code": "ErrorInvalidMailboxItemId", "originalMessage": "Item Id doesn't belong to the current mailbox." }, "source": "office365-eus2.azconn-eus2-01.p.azurewebsites.net" }

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi All,

Thank you for the feedback! I could reproduce the same issue on my side.

This problem seems to only be occurred when we want to delete the email message from the Shared mailbox.

Since @EmilBSP has opened a ticket for the issue, we will monitor the progress of this incident.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It also occurs with the Flag Email and Mark Email as Read Functionality. I was able to delete those 2 actions and get my Flow working again however, those actions are critical to keeping our worked/unworked emails in check. We really need this functionality restored ASAP. Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi All,

It seems that except for the operations with shared mailbox in their titles, the other operations do not support shared mailboxes as of yet.

So we cannot use Mark as read or unread (V2) action to mark the message from shared mailbox to read currently, it is not a supported feature, please check this link and get more details about this limitations:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#shared-mailbox-support

Besides, you could try to use Invoke an HTTP request to achieve your requirements. For more discussion about this issue, please check the following similar thread. An alternative workaround has been mentioned in this thread, please check it and see if it helps:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-To-Data/Item-Id-doesn-t-belong-to-the-current-mailbox...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am have the same issue !

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

But since July 2019 it worked well !

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue aswell. I read that it was a gap, and it was recently patched... That's a real problem when you rely on the platform for your business operations to get going!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (6,753)