cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
larmccoy42
Level: Powered On

Lookup fields do not show up for "Create new record" action on Common Data Service connector for a custom Activity entity

I am using D365 and the Common Data Service and have a custom entity which is an activity entity. I have a PowerApp that I am using to trigger a Flow in which I want to create a new record for this custom activity entity. This entity has fields for "To" and "From", like every activity entity.  However, these fields do not show up in the Create New Record activity in teh Common Data Service connector.  It appears that all lookup fields are missing, so I have no way of setting these fields. I have also investigated the "Update a Record" action and it also is missing this fields.  Further, I have looked inteh to Dynamics 365 connector and it seems to have the same issue.

Also, I've noticed that PowerApps forms do not allow these lookup fields to be added to a form.

Is this by design for the CDS and D365?
I have switched to using a custom entity that is not an activity for the time being, and am able to set the lookup fields on this new entity.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Lookup fields do not show up for "Create new record" action on Common Data Service connector for a custom Activity entity

Hi @larmccoy42 ,

I did a test on my side. I didn't find To/From field you mentioned in custom activity entity, so I also didn't see To/From field when I configured Create a new record action.

Could you provide more details about them?

In addition, I find that some of the Lookup fields are configurable, such as SLA, Currency, Regarding.

It seems that some Lookup fields cannot be set and changed by default.

Image reference:

12.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
larmccoy42
Level: Powered On

Re: Lookup fields do not show up for "Create new record" action on Common Data Service connector for a custom Activity entity

You are correct that many of the Lookup fields appear, so I was mistaken that all are missing.

All custom activities in D365/CDS have a built in "To" and "From" field.  It appears, however, that the solution viewer in PowerApps does not show these fields. You can see these fields by switching to "Classic View", and using the old D365/CRM solution viewer. The particular issue with these fields could be that the entity type of lookup field is a PartyList, which is a special lookup field type that can reference one or more Contact, Lead, Account or User entities.

I suspect that this is a bug or a not-yet-implemented-feature for CDS/PowerApps/Flow.

Can anyone at MSFT confirm this?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @larmccoy42 ,

I am not able to confirm this by design or other issue.

Please try contact support for more helps.

43.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fourthImage

Australia Summit

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 115 members 3,622 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: