cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
aussiejedi
Level: Powered On

Markdown Table from Flow Approval Email not rendering in Outlook O365 Desktop Client

I am attempting to use a Markdown Table from a Flow Approval email, but am not having any luck getting it to render in Outlook O365 desktop client (it works fine in Outlook web client). 

My email is being defined in the Flow Approval action as follows:

Flow1.jpg

When it renders in Outlook O365 Desktop Client, it renders as follows:Flow2.jpg

The exact same email, when rendered in Outlook web client renders the table correctly:Flow3.jpg

If I expand the 'Show original message' toggle in the Outlook O365 desktop client, then I can see the table renders correctly in the original message in O365 desktop client, just not in the adaptive card render.

Flow4.jpg

My current version of Outlook O365 desktop client is Version 1812 (Build 11126.20266 Click-to-Run)

13 REPLIES 13
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Markdown Table from Flow Approval Email not rendering in Outlook O365 Desktop Client

Hi @aussiejedi,

I'm not sure which version of the client the Outlook O365 desktop client you mentioned refers to.

Is the O365 account configured on Outlook 2016 client?

Please give me some tips so I can do similar tests.

I am using the Outlook 2016 client to configure the O365 account for testing on my side. The Markdown table can be displayed as expected.

Image reference:

6.PNG

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
aussiejedi

Re: Markdown Table from Flow Approval Email not rendering in Outlook O365 Desktop Client

Hi @v-bacao-msft

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I'm using Outlook 2016 desktop client. Screenshots of version number are below.

Outlook1.jpg

Outlook2.jpg

aussiejedi

Hi again @v-bacao-msft,

Are you able to let me know which version of Outlook 2016 desktop client your screenshot was from?

Thanks,

David

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @aussiejedi,

I am using Outlook 2016 included in the Office 2016 pro plus package.

10.PNG

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
aussiejedi

Thanks @v-bacao-msft

I am using Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (16.0.11126.20266).

O365.jpg

I'm wondering if there is a markdown rendering bug present in the O365 version but not your version? From what I can see, there are no settings within Outlook to control the rendering.

Best regards,

David

jrideoutswca

I'm having the same issue in my desktop Client. Table markdown does not work in Approval emails.

mmangiante
Level 8

Hello,

same issue here. Outlook 2016 version 1812 (build 11126.20266, monthly channel).

hasannumanoglu

Same here, it works in web but not in Outlook 2016. When you need to create an appoval which looks tidy and professional, it is not possible. Nobody uses web, all employees are using Outlook...

tapansam

I am also facing markdown rendering issue with Flow approval email in O365 Outlook desktop client. In my case, I am sending multiline text(plain text) in Flow approval request body. In outlook, multiline text removes all new-lines and text is appearing as single line. However the same message in outlook web client displays perfectly.

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,467)