cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aussiejedi
Advocate II
Advocate II

Markdown Table from Flow Approval Email not rendering in Outlook O365 Desktop Client

I am attempting to use a Markdown Table from a Flow Approval email, but am not having any luck getting it to render in Outlook O365 desktop client (it works fine in Outlook web client). 

My email is being defined in the Flow Approval action as follows:

Flow1.jpg

When it renders in Outlook O365 Desktop Client, it renders as follows:Flow2.jpg

The exact same email, when rendered in Outlook web client renders the table correctly:Flow3.jpg

If I expand the 'Show original message' toggle in the Outlook O365 desktop client, then I can see the table renders correctly in the original message in O365 desktop client, just not in the adaptive card render.

Flow4.jpg

My current version of Outlook O365 desktop client is Version 1812 (Build 11126.20266 Click-to-Run)

22 REPLIES 22

Hi All,

I am facing a similar issue. My Approval flow isn't rendering the HTML table in the email. In my case, I am not using a markdown to create a table but using a Create HTML table action in Power automate.

Is there any resolution to the issue?

DSwaroop_0-1596149807120.png

Hello All.

I found out that only Markdown tables are supported to render for the Approval flows. In the question above, I was trying to render an HTML table which seems to be unsupported.

Thanks !

dkhmm
Advocate I
Advocate I

I experience the same thing.
Works fine in a browser, but does not work in Desktop Outlook (16.0.13328.20334)
Is there anything news regarding this?

/Henrik

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (46,417)