cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Markdown Table from Flow Approval Email not rendering in Outlook O365 Desktop Client

same issue here, I am using Microsoft Outlook for Office 365 MSO (16.0.11929.20234) 64 bit version and OWA is function normally.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Markdown Table from Flow Approval Email not rendering in Outlook O365 Desktop Client

Yep, same issue with me. Markdown renders well in the mobile version of flow as well, but not in Outlook itself.

I'm troubleshooting now and will post back here if I find something.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I put a space before outputting the variable containing the markdown table and it worked.

Before:

The trip details are:
variables('markdownTable');

After:

The trip details are:

variables('markdownTable');

Pretty temperamental if you ask me. I hope this is someone else's issue and it fixes it.

I'm setting a text variable containing the headers first, then in an apply for each, I'm appending each row to build the markdownTable variable - so I thought it would be something much more profound.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same issue with me. I use Outlook 365,version see below.

Outlook Version.png

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same issue too.
Outlook web and Flow application, iphone outlook is OK.
However Outlook client does not work at all.
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Can any of the MS admins provide input on this? This is the case still for Office/Outlook Version 1908. And the markdown renders correctly when it's through Outlook version 2002.

@microsoft @PowerAutomate @MIS 

Highlighted

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have the same Problem. Is there any answer from Microsoft on this topic.

Highlighted

Tables were previously rendering correctly but I also started to encounter the same behavior starting yesterday without changing anything in the flow. Is there a reply from Microsoft on this?

This is my Outlook version:

tancharleen_0-1594257810950.png

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Same problem here - it started some time last week.    It's broken in both Outlook 2016 and 2019, but works in Web client.

Microsoft?

Duplication steps:

1. Build a Flow with "Start and Wait for an approval", with the following in Details.

FlowFan_UpToNow_0-1594752802507.png

Simple markup text
| Heading 1 | Heading 2 | Heading 3 |
|-----------|:-----------:|-----------:|
| Cell A1 | Cell A2 | Cell A3 |
| Cell B1 | Cell B2 | Cell B3|

2. Run the Flow and you will get the following in Outlook Web Client.  This is correctly displayed.

FlowFan_UpToNow_1-1594752868701.png

However, the same message is NOT displaying correctly in Outlook 2019 Windows client. The same is happening with Outlook 2016 and O365 versions as well. Again, this used to work fine until some time last week.

FlowFan_UpToNow_2-1594752901625.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,961)