Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft Flow - Info from deleted SharePoint items

Hi All,

I've been using Flows for about 1 year.

Basically, one of my flows is notifying me by email whenever a given SharePoint list item is deleted, providing me with the item ID and who deleted it. Worked just fine until 2 weeks ago...

What's happening tofay is that I still receive the email when an item is deleted but only the ID of the item is provided, whereas the *Deleted By* dynamic field is systematically empty.

Any known issue about this topic, and any clue on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Aladin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I just noticed today that the information about the person who deleted a SharePoint item has been restored in Flows.

Hence the problem is now solved, thank you!

Aladin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have made a test on my side and the issue is confirmed on my side. The “Deleted By” dynamic content is empty when the flow runs.

I would post this issue to my product team, if the issue is solved, I will reply here.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mabel,

Thanks for your support and your quick reply.

I'll be looking forward to the production team's feedback.

Kind Regards,

Aladin

Hi @Anonymous ,

Information like FileName and DeletedByUserName are removed from trigger When a file is deleted due to some concerns in the SharePoint API consumed by Flow.

The product team is working for solution for this issue and will by trying to make the trigger outputs same as previous outputs but currently we don’t have any ETA for general availability.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mabel,

Thanks for your feedback and your support.

In case the product team would be unable to restore the previous trigger output as they were before, do you know if there is a workaround to mitigate this situation?

Thanks,

Aladin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I just noticed today that the information about the person who deleted a SharePoint item has been restored in Flows.

Hence the problem is now solved, thank you!

Aladin

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,087)