cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Microsoft Form to Smartsheet Flow doesn't accept multiple choice

I have a form with a multiple choice (choose many) option that I want to link to a Smartsheet column that allows multiple dropdowns. However, as far as I can tell it looks like this feature is not supported. I've wasted quite a lot of time trying to solve, so I'd love to be proved wrong! The default formatting for multiple options on Forms is (1):

["A","B","C"]

While the format Smartsheet accepts is (2):

A
B
C

So (after much internet sleuthing) I wrote a formula to strip out and replace the appropriate characters so that my content goes from (1) to (2):

replace(replace(replace(replace(replace( body('Get_response_details')?['microsoft form multi choice field'], '\', ''), '[', ''), ']', ''), '"', ''), ',', json('{"NL":"\n"}')?['NL']) 

But I still get this error and cannot complete the flow 😞

"errorCode": 1235, "message": "Value is not supported for this column type. Use objectValue instead."

I want to both the user and admin experience to be clean and orderly, so using text columns in Smartsheet to accept "non standard" input is out of the question. I do already have "Restrict to dropdowns only" unchecked on my dropdown columns in Smartsheet: as an admin this lets me paste in text on a dropdown column. But it does not fix this problem with Forms / Flow. It could be as simple as Microsoft Flow/Power Automate somehow incorporating an API access code or somehow post as an "admin."

Help? 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (12,457)