cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katyaS

Microsoft forms not triggering flow (power automate) 12.7.2020 - now

Form submissions are not triggering Flow (Power Automate).

This issue happened on 12/3/2020, and was fixed by @YashPatel. It happened again, with intermittent outage starting on 12/7/2020.

I'm spinning off a new topic from here https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/Microsoft-forms-not-triggering-flow/td-p/761805/pa... for visibility. 

Our company relies on Flow triggered from the Forms for ticket entry into AzureDevops, and this outage significantly affects our operations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
YashPatel
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,
The Forms engineering team will perform a deployment to mitigate this issue tonight. Once the deployment is complete, the existing Forms will start working. 

If your Form submissions require immediate processing, do Save As on existing Form and create a duplicate Form. Then, point the existing Power Automate flow to the newly created Form. 

For users with missed Forms responses, here is one possible way to processes these responses:
1. Duplicate the original flow;
2. Replace the trigger with "Manually trigger a flow", add a number input;
3. In "Get response details" action, replace the field in "ResponseId" with the number input of above trigger, and click "Save".
4. Then click "Run". In the "ResponseId" field, you can enter the ID of the responses which didn't trigger original flow.
5. The response ID can be found on form's "Responses" page, via exported Excel, or click "View results" button.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
YashPatel
Community Support
Community Support

We have received more reports of this issue, and are currently investigating. Please follow this thread for further updates. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are observing the same issue from our. We have a flow which was triggered fine for 1750 times and since yesterday it doesn't run when a form is submitted. I've tried to save a copy, run the flow in test mode and submit a form while in test mode, but nothing is happening. Asyou can see in the raw data, there are submissions, which are made today through this form, but they didn't trigger the flow.

In addition to that, the records in yellow show that once the form has been moved from individual to Group form, it has overwritten the IDs of the records, removing the first 10 submissions, which were deleted when the form was created back then while it was still private. I don't think this should work like that. The form ID has to be unique regardless if you move it from one user to group form. Thanks for looking into it. 

Submissions.PNGMSFlows.PNG

Is this option only for O365 account admins? 
I'm not an admin, as we are a very large organization.

YashPatel
Community Support
Community Support

Hey team, we have received other reports of issues again. No need for the support request, we are investigating now. I will update again soon. 

YashPatel
Community Support
Community Support

@katyaS @Anonymous 

Can you please Direct Message me the Flow URLs for your flows which are not triggering?

katyaS

@YashPatel Answer to the question in your DM. 

12/9/20 11:50:52 EST is the last time Flow should have been triggered. Here are some more timestamps when the Form was completed but Flow did not trigger. Last time the Flow triggered was Dec 8, 04:37PM EST. All times below are in EST.

12/9/20 11:50:31
12/9/20 11:40:43
12/9/20 11:38:06
12/9/20 11:39:17
12/9/20 11:17:47
12/9/20 11:19:37
12/9/20 11:18:54

Posting here because I got an error "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

YashPatel
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,
The Forms engineering team will perform a deployment to mitigate this issue tonight. Once the deployment is complete, the existing Forms will start working. 

If your Form submissions require immediate processing, do Save As on existing Form and create a duplicate Form. Then, point the existing Power Automate flow to the newly created Form. 

For users with missed Forms responses, here is one possible way to processes these responses:
1. Duplicate the original flow;
2. Replace the trigger with "Manually trigger a flow", add a number input;
3. In "Get response details" action, replace the field in "ResponseId" with the number input of above trigger, and click "Save".
4. Then click "Run". In the "ResponseId" field, you can enter the ID of the responses which didn't trigger original flow.
5. The response ID can be found on form's "Responses" page, via exported Excel, or click "View results" button.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,500)