cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spinningball
Regular Visitor

Microsoft forms not triggering flow

Hello all!

We have a form that receives 100-200 submissions a day and for each submission the flow sends an email to the respondent with a formatted form response.

It worked perfectly up until just now,

I've tried copying the form and creating a duplicate as well as writing a new flow to connect to the new form.

No form submission seems to trigger the flow. I can trigger it with old data which does work, though.

Any suggestions or hypotheses as to why this might be happening?

Thanks !

35 REPLIES 35
CWG101
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi guys, I have a work around that's worked for us. Just copy the form then change the trigger to the copied form and change the get response data to that new form too then leave all the rest of the flow the same. You will need to make sure users are then using the new copied form (which for us is just a replacement link on the intranet but for you may be more tricky).

It seems to affect older forms.

I tried this solution and it worked for me! I hope it doesn't happen again 

this worked for me. Thanks!

hubertlam
Advocate II
Advocate II

Took the opportunity to move that Personal form, duplicate it and straight into a team. Thanks - worked a charm. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one more question: how can we apply the above solution when there's an Apply to each and I don't see a workaround to cheat the flow to take that particular response: I've replaced the trigger to be manual, but this automatically removes the list of responses from the *Select an output from previous steps within the Apply to each. If I try to initialize a variable of type array, the flow fails with error " 'The template language expression 'items('Apply_to_each')?['resourceData']?['responseId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'resourceData' cannot be selected. Property selection is not supported on values of type 'Integer'.

Solution.PNG

Hi,

I have this issue with several flows, both created from scratch and using a template. Is this fixed? The flow doesn´t start when the form is submitted. 

What can I do?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,501)