cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcattle
Regular Visitor

Missing (Orphaned) Flows

I've created a coiuple flows several months ago, in an earlier version of the Microsoft Flow website.  They're still running: one successfully, one failing, likely due to an auth issue.

However, they're not showing up under "My Flows", where I'm prompted to "create my first flow".  I am signed in with the same account used to create the flows.

Has anyone had this happen before?  Is there a way I can get them back?  I want to make an adjustment to the working flow, and obviously fix the failing one.

27 REPLIES 27
mcattle
Regular Visitor

I should add that these flows were created before the Environments (Default Environment) feature was added, so they may hypothetically be running in an orphaned environment.

Hi mcattle,

How many environments do you have?

When you sign in, please click the People icon, then you will know if you are signing in using the right account, and if you are in the proper environment.

3.PNG

Please check it on your side. If you are still having the issue, please feel free post back.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm seeing the same issue and I only have one environment.

I'm only seeing Default Environment, and it's checked.

Hi Mabel,

Any follow up on this? I have the same issue and only the default environment. I know the hidden flows are working, they're blogger to twitter and the tweets are appearing. The ones in my current environment are turned off after I discovered that I was getting double tweets.

Thanks!

John

Hi @mcattle@spqr_ca,

What's your location?

I am not able to reproduce this issue on my side.

I will help report this issue. 

Best regards,
Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm in Canada. I doubt it's reproducible, with new flows being configured, it looks like a hold over from updates to the overall system resulted in some orphans that somehow got disconnected from my account.

I'm in Canada as well, so maybe there's a common factor there.

Hi @mcattle,

This is a known issue that existed with some flows created early on in the project.

The underlying issue was that a "flow" is really a combination of a bunch of different entities working in concert. Early on, creating a flow wasn't a transational process so it was possible (just due to network issues, etc) that when creating a flow one of the components wouldn't be successfully created, leading to an "orphaned flow" (that's actually the exact term we use internally for them).

Since then, we've updated creation so that even if a part of the process fails, it repairs itself. However we're unable to repair orphaned flows from before this time since neccessary information to do so isn't available (only available during the creation process).

We also can't blanket clean up all orphaned flows because it's possible some of these flows (although impossible to manage in the flow portal) are doing actual useful work for some users which we don't want to interrupt.

If one of your flows is in this state and you'd like to have it deleted, I can definitely assist with that!

Best,

Travis

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,954)