cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SamPo
Level 10

Missing item ID in dynamic content

After using the 'Get Items' activity on a sharepoint list I create an 'apply to each' to perform actions on each list item.

If I use the 'Update Item' activity then the dynamic content box suggests the 'ID' of the current list item in the 'apply to each'.

When performing additional actions like 'send an email' in the same 'apply to each', I have access to all the fields of the list but I don't have access to the 'ID' itself. Yet if I copy the ID from the 'Update Item' to the 'Send Email' then it works and the email is sent with the correct value. My assumption is that if this is a valid value then it should appear in the selection of dynamic content for all actions within the 'apply to each'.

See the screenshot below:

https://www.screencast.com/t/udEqc4pk7

Thanks,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Missing item ID in dynamic content

Hi @ SamPo,

Do you mean you couldn't choose the "ID" dynamic content of the "Get items" action in some fields of the "send an email" action for your scenes?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned,I could choose the "ID" dynamic content of the "Get items" action in some fields of the "send an email" action as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

Please check if you have click the "See more" of action "Get items" to see all of the dynamic content.

Please let me know if your issue still exists.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Missing item ID in dynamic content

Hi @ SamPo,

Do you mean you couldn't choose the "ID" dynamic content of the "Get items" action in some fields of the "send an email" action for your scenes?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned,I could choose the "ID" dynamic content of the "Get items" action in some fields of the "send an email" action as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

Please check if you have click the "See more" of action "Get items" to see all of the dynamic content.

Please let me know if your issue still exists.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (7,623)