cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Modern Approvals - connection profile picture and details appear in a flow

I'm not sure if this is intentional but the approval emails now display the details of the connection profile as requested by as per the image below. 

I created the approval flow and previously there was no requested by and there is now? If it is going to remain then obviously the "requested by" should be the user who triggers the workflow. I have added more owners to the Flow but that did not help.

I have to suspend all flows until this is corrected because managers and directors will not approve these if the approval request comes from me (IT) and not their direct reports

Flow_Error_1.png

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Modern Approvals - connection profile picture and details appear in a flow

Hi cc_onetowatch,

When using the action “Start an approval”, when other group members trigger the flow, an approval email will be sent, however, in the body of the approval email, picture and name of the people who set up the flow will be still displayed on the email body. I have to say that it is currently a default behavior. And I have reported it on my side about it, I will keep an eye on it and back to you if there are any updates.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
blakezachary
Level: Powered On

This is absolutely a deal breaker for us - we cannot have the name of the connector owner listed as "Requested by", as this would likely fail our compliance audit. I hope you have good news for us soon!

Highlighted
Power Automate Staff kartikraop
Power Automate Staff

@blakezachary, are these flows button flows? If so, when you provide run access to others in your company, you can indicate that the Approvals connection has to be provided by the invoker. When the invoker installs the button and runs it the first time, they will be prompted for their connection and the Flow will run using their connection.

blakezachary

No these are not buttons, we want to trigger the Flows from Forms submissions. We'd need to take the Form Responder's Email address and use that to start the approval step. Currently, it is not a field we can set in the "Start an approval" step when using the Send form responses for approval template in Flow. So, it just uses the connector owner to request approval.

forms.PNG2017-11-02_13-40-27.png

HHSB Workflows is the owner of the connector and it shows that this is the "Requested by" in the Approval email above, but in this case it really should show the person who submitted the form and I cannot find a way for it to do that.

blakezachary

No these are not buttons, we want to trigger the Flows from Forms submissions. We'd need to take the Form Responder's Email address and use that to start the approval step. Currently, it is not a field we can set in the "Start an approval" step when using the Send form responses for approval template in Flow. So, it just uses the connector owner to request approval.

forms.PNG2017-11-02_13-40-27.png

HHSB Workflows is the owner of the connector and it shows that this is the "Requested by" in the Approval email above, but in this case it really should show the person who submitted the form and I cannot find a way for it to do that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kartikraop is there a way of converting existing flows to a Button flow where applicable?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

any update on this issue?

Since the original posting, the approval email has been modified even more to focus on the creator of the flow. it now includeds a picture along with the name of the creator.

This is unnacceptable in our environment.  We desperately need a way to fully customize the approval email, which would include the ability to remove any identity of the flow creator.

mojoriesen

The Flow creator is the least important piece of infomration for an approval flow. Approvers need to know who triggered the flow and its source so they can review it and approve/deny the item in question. I would love to know when this is updated because it is a big pain point for us in being able to adopt approval flows as part of our business process improvements. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 257 members 4,593 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: