cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Move File does the job but get stuck in flow and won't move on to next step

Hi Flow community!

My flow was working fine yesterday, and today it got stuck on 'Move file' step with nothing changed. 

The file that's supposed to be moved to a different library within the same site did get moved, but the flow is showing running at the 'Move file' step, with only inputs and no outputs, so the next steps won't get executed either. 

Can somebody please let me know what's going on?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Folks,

Just to update you. This issue has been fixed now.

Few hours ago got confirmation from Microsoft and tested it.

So please test it from your side and marked it as RESOLVED.

Regards,

Prateek 

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dba,

What’s your current situation? Are you still having the issue?

Do you mean that the file did get moved but the Move file action is still running? So it cannot move on to the next step.

Have you tried with the action Copy file? Copy file action will copy file between libraries, it will meet your scenario as well.

The issue you mentioned about Move file action could not be reproduced on my side. Copy file action can copy the file from on library to another one properly.

1.PNG

Please try it on your side.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

The issue you mentioned about Move file action could not be reproduced on my side.

I have the exact same issue, couple of days ago, my flow ith 'Move file' worked fine, but now it does move the file but the action is still running and will therefore not move on to the next step. 

The 'Copy File' action would require the extra step of deleting the original file from the initial folder or library.

I hope the 'Move File' action will be fixed soon.

Kind regards

Regular Visitor

Thank you! I submitted a ticket and it's confirmed as a bug, hopefully it'll get resolved soon!

Thank you for the way around, but I assume the purpose of having 'move file' (1step) is to not have to copy and delete a file(2 steps)? I hope the bug will be resolved soon, or else I'll have to take the 2-step solution.

Frequent Visitor

Copy file is also not working for me. Getting same error there.

{
  "error": {
    "code"502,
    "source""india-001.azure-apim.net",
    "clientRequestId""df7cd848-a38c-4c7a-bd33-bb23b898d626",
    "message""BadGateway",
    "innerError": {
      "status"500,
      "message""Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).\r\nclientRequestId: df7cd848-a38c-4c7a-bd33-bb23b898d626\r\nserviceRequestId: e0c29c9e-4068-7000-3bee-eb82e194e6e8"
    }
  }
}

I also add my voice to this problem. Flow gets stuck at the "Move File" step, even thought the action did actually work and the file got moved to its new location. The problem is in the fact that the next step of the flow is not being triggered and therefore i will end up with an endless number of "Running" flows which will never end.

Let's wait here. I have raised a high priorit incident with Microsoft and they confirmed it is a bug in their Product since last week. They are investigating it.

As soon as i'll get update will announce it.

Thanks,

Prateek Mangal

Regular Visitor

Thank you! I did the same thing, hopefully they'll roll out the fixed version soon!

I have the same issue using the copy file (sharepoint) action. The file is copied, but the flow remains in the action.

I tried to copy a file inside the same site to a different library as well as in different sites. 5 Days ago the action worked correctly. But now I can reporduced the error in two different tenants using a simple flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,203)