Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kendra_Huang
Helper I
Helper I

Msg file cannot be opened after stored in sharepoint library with flow

Hi there,

I created a flow to save emails in sharepoint list, although the flow works successfully and attachment is added, but I cannot open the attached emails normally. Below for your reference, could you pls help to check what the problem is?

19021501.JPG19021502.JPG19021503.png.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kendra_Huang ,

It seems that you did not add a file type to File Name when configuring Create file action.

In addition, do you want to store the files contained in Attachment or store the entire email in the format of a .msg file?

If it is the former, you could configure your Flow like this:

24.PNG

If it is the latter, you need to export the entire email first, then add the appropriate file extension type.

You could choose to use .msg or .eml as the file type. It is recommended to use .eml:

25.PNG26.PNG

If you use .msg as a file type, you can preview it in SharePoint, but it may not open locally.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kendra_Huang ,

It seems that you did not add a file type to File Name when configuring Create file action.

In addition, do you want to store the files contained in Attachment or store the entire email in the format of a .msg file?

If it is the former, you could configure your Flow like this:

24.PNG

If it is the latter, you need to export the entire email first, then add the appropriate file extension type.

You could choose to use .msg or .eml as the file type. It is recommended to use .eml:

25.PNG26.PNG

If you use .msg as a file type, you can preview it in SharePoint, but it may not open locally.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi expert,

I choose the latter, and I tried your solution, it works, thanks very much for your support.

Thanks.

Kendra

Hi @v-bacao-msft,

You said  : "If you use .msg as a file type, you can preview it in SharePoint, but it may not open locally."

It's correct I can preview it in Sharepoint, but not able to open it locally.

So, I want to know that if it is possible, then how to open it locally?

Below is my flow :save email flow.png

Awaiting your response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Users online (1,253)