cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Multi-value people picker field no longer able to be populated via GUI

Let's say I have a SharePoint source list "SourceList," which has a column called "Members," which is a multi-value person field. Let's say I have another list called "DestinationList" which has a multi-value person field called "Members" as well. Up until a week or two ago, you could easily just populate the field on the destination list with the value from the source list and it would work:

MultiPerson.jpg

Now, however, it will not work on ANY new workflows. I have older workflows which use the method above and they still work, but any new workflows always give some variation of:

The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Create_item' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: The API operation does not allow writing a value for parameter 'item/Members[0]/DisplayName'. This parameter is read only. I've tried manually building the array in a variable and get the same message. If I omit DisplayName from the array, the same error appears but stating that Email is read-only.

This functionality worked fine until sometime in the last few weeks.  New workflows always get the error above; as I mentioned above, I have some older workflows which still work and I've been able to template them and even apply them to different lists and they work fine.  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @blanghorst ,

At present, it seems that I cannot reproduce a similar issue, so there is no way to know the cause of this issue.

Please make sure that these two fields allow multiple selections, and we seem to need to use user email instead of display name to fill the array.

If this method still does not work, please consider getting the values in this field first, and then filling these values into the array variable in the following format.

Finally, the array variable is filled into this field.

1.PNG2.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Sorry for the late reply.  Let me be clear:

1.  Several reports have been filed, so it isn't just me.   

2.  I've tried it in 2 separate tenants and both errored out.

3.  Please reread my original post of what was working and should work.

4.  I already tried with the array and was getting the same message.

The fields are all set correctly as well.  Older workflows still work fine - MS did something within the last several weeks which is causing the issues.  I don't know if it has been fixed since my original request, as I went ahead and templated an old workflow and was able to use it to work around the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,870)