cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Nested "Apply to Each" Loop does not show correct dynamic content in subsequent actions.

I have data which fetches all the distinct self host reports.

Then, I use the self host report name to fetch all the report sub-titles. We need to use the value of report sub-titles to fetch final data.

I am able to fetch report sub-titles using self host report name in dynamic content.

But then, in nested loop, I want to use values of events data. But I am only getting SelfHostReportName in the dynamic content.

While, we should use ReportTitle, Ring, Branches and other columns.

Flow Definition:

Flow_NestedLoopBug.PNG

Output after running flow.

Flow_Output.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gunjansa,

Which dynamic value content do you fill in input box of “Apply to each Event for Report” action?

According to the screenshot that you provided, you seem to only get dynamic content from “Get all Self Host Reports” action. if you want to fetch final data, you should get dynamic content from “Get all Report Title” action.

Please check if you have selected proper dynamic value content within “Select an output from previous steps” field of “Apply to each Event for Report” action.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for helping out here.

I have already verified that several times. I am selecting dynamic content of value from Report Title section only.

When I try to copy this in notepad, it reads @body('Get_all_Report_Title')?['value'].

Also, in the output of a run one can see that this loop runs for correct number of times, as per the values in report title.

If you can share your alias, I can share the flow with you.

Any updates for this?

Hi @gunjansa,

Could you get other dynamic content except SelfHostReportName dynamic content from “Get all Self Host Reports” action within “Get all Report Title” action?

Further, could you please share a full screenshot of your flow’s run history?

I find that you could only get dynamic content from the “Get all Self Host Reports” action rather than the “Get all Report Title” action within “Run query and visualize results” action, is it true?

If you could get other dynamic content from “Get all Self Host Reports” action within “Get all Report Title” action and could not get dynamic content of “Get all Report Title” action within “Run query and visualize results” action, I afraid that there is some issue with “Run query and visualize results” action. I would post this issue to my product team.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (11,952)