cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

New email trigger not working consistently

We have a very basic Flow in place. When a new email arrives in a dedicated mailbox all attachments are saved to SharePoint and the email moved to a sub-folder. 

This flow works MOST of the time, however perhaps once or twice a week the flow will simply not trigger. The only way to get it to trigger is to forward the email back into the same mailbox, at which point it usually then triggers successfully. 

I haven't been able to intentionally reproduced this issue, but as noted it does happen once or twice per week. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: New email trigger not working consistently

Hi @Ben_Love,

Those emails that failed to trigger, did they have anything in common? I cannot seem to reproduce your issue. What if try with another mailbox?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Re: New email trigger not working consistently

I have a similar issue.  When a message from any of several addresses arrives with an attachment whose filename contains a certain string it saves to Box.com.  Most of the time it works, but sometimes, normally a few times a week, it does nothing.  The flow doesn't trigger and fail, it just never starts.  There is no record in the run history of the email being checked for the conditions. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (3,430)