cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eliotcole
Super User
Super User

New isInt() / isInt('<string>') Function Doesn't Work

When one clicks for available functions in Power Automate, there is a nice new function (which we've been waiting on for a while!) which declares whether or not a passed string is an integer or not with a true/false response.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference#i...

Unfortunately, after trying this on both paid and unpaid Power Automate accounts, it doesn't work.

I'm aware that this same list is also relevant for Azure Logic apps, however I would think that if the feature set is different for this service you would've definitely set a different set for the Power Automate functions reference.

Running this function either on a variable, compose, or just a string, produces the following error:

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Initialize_isIntVAR' inputs at line '0' and column '0': 'The template function 'isInt' is not defined or not valid.'.

Could you flick whatever switch needs flicking to make it work, please? 🙂

1 REPLY 1
eliotcole
Super User
Super User

I note that this has now disappeared from said documentation.

Is this a future function that is in the works?

EDIT - 

I see here that it was added and removed by Dustin, so I'm going to wait hopefully for a future iterative update of the available functions!

(slide in an isErr() and you'll have a super winner!)

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,509)