cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlwasyMKT
Level: Powered On

No items found in The action 'List Rows present in Excel Table ' of Excel Online (Business)

Hi,

I trying to import the data from excel into SQl server database which using action 'List Rows Present in Excel Table' of Excel Online (Business), but there is no items found on the dropdownlist table. 

In excel I already named "Jan 2019" , "Feb 2019", "Mar 2019" as sheet name. Is the sheet name suppose to list down on the table dropdown list?

Please advise. Thanks you for any help, that's appreciated 

15 REPLIES 15
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: No items found in The action 'List Rows present in Excel Table ' of Excel Online (Business)

Hi @AlwasyMKT ,

The premise of using List rows present in a table action is that the table has been defined in the specified Excel File.

It should be noted that this action does not recognize the sheet, it can only get the rows in the table.

Please try to define the table in the Excel file before configuring this action.

Image reference:

14.PNG15.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AlwasyMKT

Re: No items found in The action 'List Rows present in Excel Table ' of Excel Online (Business)

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

Thanks for the response. 

Unfortunately, I still not able to get the Table.  Here is my setting:listRowConf.JPG

Attached the excel, can you take a look and advise?

image.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AlwasyMKT ,

Thank for your reply.

Please try to save the Excel file, exit the current Flow configuration interface, and then re-enter and configure the relevant action.

Or consider reconfiguring a similar Flow.

Please take a try again.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AlwasyMKT

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

It still not working. 😞

I tried logout & login the account and re-create the flow. Still not able to view any table name.

Thanks.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AlwasyMKT ,

Please try creating a new Flow to see if there are any tables in the specified Excel file.

Image reference:25.PNG

Best Regards,

AlwasyMKT

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

I was trying to create the flow as mentioned above and populate into sql table, but there is no data populated. Means that no table found on the excel.

Thanks.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AlwasyMKT ,

Thank for your feedback.

So the conclusion is that the specified Excel file does not define a table?

Maybe you could use the new Excel file for testing, define the table and test the action.

Best Regards,

AlwasyMKT

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

I defined the table in excel, just the action "List rows present in a table" and action "Get tables" cannot show the table name in drop down list. 

Here is how I define the table name in excel. Correct me if I'm wrong.

image.png

Thanks.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AlwasyMKT ,

For reference, my general approach is to select a part of the cell, then click Format as Table to create the table, and then edit the columns and rows.

46.PNG

And I edited the Excel table in Office 2016 and uploaded it to SharePoint Library or OneDrive for Business.

When I open the Flow to configure List rows present in a table again, I could select the relevant table name.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 347 members 5,885 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: