cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miguel_E
Frequent Visitor

Notifications from Planner continue to be send to users that have been removed

Notifications on comments continue to be sent to prior assignees of a task in Planner, even when the user has been removed from the task, removed from the plan and deleted from the Azure Active Directory.  I added a guest user to my plan.  The user worked on 2-3 tasks, then decided to no longer work with us, and did not "leave the plan".  As such I removed the user from the group, and based on tech support suggestion also deleted the user from Azure Active Directory.  The new task owner sends a comment on the card, and the email notification includes the removed user.  This is a security issue because the new user continues to receive information on our work, even though he was removed from the plan.  It violates GDPR as I can not effectively stop communications being sent to the user.  The reaction from tech support is rather mild to such an important privacy violation.  Can't really trust the platform.

2 REPLIES 2
rohsh354
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello,

Is this happening for the tasks created using Power Automate or outside of it?

Also, is this the problem for existing tasks or is it happening for new tasks as well?

These is for tasks crated in Planner.  It is completely 100% reproduceable.   

Create Plan

Add guest users

Create a card or two

assign card to guest user

remove guest user from plan

make a comment on the card

The removed user gets notification email on the comment.

Even after deleting the user from AAD, still gets the email notification

Really bad, because all the comments are still going to the user that has been removed from the task, and in the case of Europe users, it violates GDPRD, but I can not remove the user unless they take the action, to login in their Microsoft Account and leave the plan.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (72,317)