cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

OData Filter on IsFolder eq false - column name not found - SharePoint Get Files Action

When I attempt to use the action "Get Files" with an OData query of:
IsFolder eq false

I get an error:
{  "status": 400,  "message": "Column 'IsFolder' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.\r\nclientRequestId: aa892d84-80e4-4e90-8e9d-58740ba1cc48\r\nserviceRequestId: 50de9e9e-60f9-7000-6e56-71cead85477b"} 

Yet, if I just get files, IsFolder is an output property:
IsFolder
false

I've looked up all the variations I could find of how "IsFolder" could be spelled and tried them all from:
1. isFolder eq False - doesn't exist
2. isfolder eq False - doesn't exist
3. {IsFolder} eq False - Syntax error
and so on...

Any thoughts? Is it not possible to filter on the IsFolder property? Or is there unique syntax to use?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: OData Filter on IsFolder eq false - column name not found - SharePoint Get Files Action

Hi @VictoriaH,

Currently, it is not possible to use filter query on output properties. If you are trying to filter based on output properties, please consider adding a Condition.

Besides, another workaround is to add a custom Choice (or Yes/No) column named as IsFolder, then you could use Filter query based on this column.

Please take a try with it on your side.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: OData Filter on IsFolder eq false - column name not found - SharePoint Get Files Action

Thank you for the response and sharing that information.

Although this is an output property field, is OData query not capable of seeing this property field of the library? It has been able to filter for my custom columns. What is different about the IsFolder property that it can't filter it?

Thank you for the recommendation. I already use a condition, but it is inefficient when combined with the over 5k item behavior. My hope was to limit the OData query to a more specific set by excluding the folders and potentially staying under the 5k threshold. If filtering out folders early on cannot be done, I'll have to add the other indexed columns and require them in my flow to force the results to be under 5k. It'd be better to require less data entry to kick off the flow, but it's the next step if we confirm that IsFolder is somehow unique from all the other columns.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Albeit very late, but if someone is still looking for a solution for this. In the Filter you can filter on ContentType.

If you add ContentType ne 'Folder' or if you want to limit to a specific contenttype ContentType eq 'your contenttype' that should filter out the folders in your library.

This should do the trick. Hope this helps someone.

Regards

Guy De Backer

3A ICT Consulting

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Just to add information to future readers, apparently the ContentType field is translated to your Sharepoint local language. For me, using Sharepoint in Portuguese, the correct query would be

ContentType ne 'Pasta'

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Great, thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,540)