cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pwray
Level: Powered On

Office 365 Outlook Connection not Outputting Data for New Email Arrival Trigger

Hello, 

I am having an issue with all Office 365 Outlook connection triggers that involve the mailbox recieving a new email. This did not start happening until 5 days ago. 

When I try to test the flow on existing data in Office 365, it gives this output: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10umBx05wr399i3ucu8YB3WzOqO3OaeVY/view?usp=sharing

When I try to test the flow by performing the trigger, it just sits there and spins like it has no connection to the data. I have deleted and recreated my connections in flow, and I have even recreated a few of my flows to see if that would fix it. I am still getting no Output from this connection trigger. 

Here are some screenshots of two of my flows: 

This flow should take a recieved email and sort it by the subject and then create an item in a SharePoint list. This Flow has worked great in the past.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fttIMx6H-FEqq_3xUocWG6yV0OGf4q_e

This flow is one that I created to test the connection on a shared mailbox, and it does the same thing.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ppc6-uHXC8n9iEL27nKbc851oQgkj2_o

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pwray

Re: Office 365 Outlook Connection not Outputting Data for New Email Arrival Trigger

So I have resolved the issue. Flow was doing exactly what I was telling it to do, it just so happens that I was telling it to do the wrong thing! I was telling Flow to filter out all emails that do not have attachments. I had the "Has attachments?" setting set to "Yes".

Now, I have set "Has Attachments?" to blank and now it works like a charm! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pwray

Re: Office 365 Outlook Connection not Outputting Data for New Email Arrival Trigger

Sorry, just uploaded the screenshots to the forum.

OutputofFlow.pngWhen I try to test the flow on existing data in Office 365, it gives this output:

ITFlow.pngThis flow should take a recieved email and sort it by the subject and then create an item in a SharePoint list. This Flow has worked great in the past.

TestFlow.pngThis flow is one that I created to test the connection on a shared mailbox, and it does the same thing.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Pwray ,

What’s your current situation? Are you still having the issue?

I have made test on my side with the tow triggers, “When a new email arrives” and “When an email arrives in a shared mailbox”, both of them are just working fine.

1.PNG2.PNG

Could you take another try with it? If the issue still exists, please feel free post back.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Pwray

So I have resolved the issue. Flow was doing exactly what I was telling it to do, it just so happens that I was telling it to do the wrong thing! I was telling Flow to filter out all emails that do not have attachments. I had the "Has attachments?" setting set to "Yes".

Now, I have set "Has Attachments?" to blank and now it works like a charm! 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 178 members 4,715 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: