cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Office 365 Outlook - Update Event V2 does not accept Dates retrieved in Get Event V2 - UTC not valid

A simple flow

1 - Get Event V2

2 - Update Event V2 using the data obtained in Get Event V2

fails with 

Time zone 'UTC' is not valid.

clientRequestId: 6724eaf0-31c8-4178-8231-2c1ee9f03c25

In my view this is a bug as the Update Event V2 Input should allow the format of the output of Get Event V2

Update_Event_V2_Struggle_1_12-7-2017 11-10-14 AM.jpgThis is the flowUpdate_Event_V2_Struggle_5_12-7-2017 11-10-14 AM.jpgDetails of the last step

Update_Event_V2_Struggle_2_12-7-2017 11-10-14 AM.jpgHere the Get Event V2 DataUpdate_Event_V2_Struggle_3_12-7-2017 11-10-14 AM.jpgInput in run historyUpdate_Event_V2_Struggle_4_12-7-2017 11-10-14 AM.jpgError received

especially as in create event V2 UTC is an allowed timezone

Update_Event_V2_Struggle_7_12-7-2017 11-10-14 AM.jpgCreate Event V2 allows UTC

PS: 

the flow intends to add an additional particpant to an existing Outlook Event

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Office 365 Outlook - Update Event V2 does not accept Dates retrieved in Get Event V2 - UTC not v

Hi @ErichH,

Which time zone does your Outlook event set?

Further, which Time zone is your local time zone?

The error message told that there is something wrong with value of Time zone field of “Update event (V2)” action.

I have made a test on my side and don’t have the issue that you mentioned. My flow’s configuration as below:10.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:11.JPG

I have reproduced the issue on my side when I set Time zone property of Outlook event to (UTC) Coordinated Universal Time, it seems that (UTC) Coordinated Universal Time is not supported in “Update event (V2)” action:12.JPG

According to the screenshot that you provided (Here the Get Event V2 Data), you have set Time zone of Outlook event to (UTC) Coordinated Universal Time, please consider take a try to change Time zone property of Outlook event to other Time zone or your local Time zone and check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Re: Office 365 Outlook - Update Event V2 does not accept Dates retrieved in Get Event V2 - UTC not v

Kris yes indeed, when i chose Casablanca or London it works.

Question is why allow utc in create event, but not in update event.

this is inconsistent and confusing. It took me days to figure out what is going on.

this can be avoided.

thanks for considering to fix this.

Super User
Super User

@v-xida-msft

Chris,

I am asked whether your reply is a solution.

It is a great hint for a work around how to circumvent the issue, but NOT a SOLUTION for the underlying inconsistency between Create_Event and Update_Event behavior in respect to UTC.

Erich

I have the exact same issue, that an event can be created using UTC time zone, but the update of the event using Update Event V2 does not accept UTC.

Please fix the issue and get update to be able to use UTC time zone!

Kind regards, John

AndrewSlaughter
Level: Powered On

Same thing with V4
Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 412 members 5,124 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: