cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

OneDrive (Business) - When a file is modified (properties only) Trigger Firing Multiple Times

Hi All,

I've seen a couple of other users post about a similar (maybe the same?) issue.  I have a very simple flow that uses the 'OneDrive (Business) - When a file is modified (properties only)' trigger.  After the trigger is the Excel action - 'List rows present in a table'.  The issue I'm experiencing is when I make a change to the Excel file I'm testing with, the Flow will run multiple times (sometimes several minutes apart).  I have tested making the change to the Excel file both 'online' via the OneDrive web app and 'offline' in the Excel desktop app.  Also, I have autosave turned off, so it is not an issue with things autosaving and causing the trigger to fire.

Has anyone else experienced this and been able to figure out what the issue is and what the solution might be?  I'm not sure if it's an issue with the trigger or an issue with the Excel action.  I've read other posts that seem to point to it maybe being an issue with the Excel action causing the modification date/time to get updated.  Screenshot of the flow can be found below:

Flow.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Frequent Visitor

I am having a similar issue. Have you solved this problem yet? This forum doesn't seem very active.

Helper I
Helper I

Hi, @amcneil32 I have tested the Flow above mentioned and works fine for me. check it once now. 
FYI :- the trigger you choose is When a file is modified(properties only).Please also note when you open the file the property called "Modified" will be updated to current time so the flow triggers.

chandra1_0-1610953480150.png

and it ran Successfully. 

chandra1_1-1610953631462.png

The last time I modified the file it gave me same time not when I open the file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (56,602)