cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRRRS
Frequent Visitor

OneDrive convert to PDF is losing embedded Fonts

When I first set a Flow up to create a .pdf from a Word .docx a couple months ago, it created the .pdf perfectly and included the embedded .TTF font that we use (Signet Roundhand).

Something recently changed, and now any .pdf created by Flow no longer includes the font. I believe it happened around the same time that our Microsoft Office 2016 became Microsoft Office for 365.

Any .docx files that Flow copies to other .docx files will maintain the embedded font, but as soon as Flow converts it to .pdf the file that's created doesn't have them..

I do not believe the problem is on my end because the converter was working just fine for awhile and I never modified it, plus if I manually open a .docx and save it to .pdf then the fonts are correct. This only happens when Flow does the conversion.

I tried exporting and importing the Flow to refresh the connector to no avail.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

6 REPLIES 6
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JRRRS,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Could you please show a bit more about the embedded .TTF font that you provided?

I could not reproduce your issue on my side currently, if you could provide more details about your scenario, we would provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry, I didn't see the response email but thanks for offering a look.

Here are the screenshots I took:

flow1.PNG

flow2.PNGflow3.PNGfont1.PNG

Have you found the cause? 

I just submitted something as well about 2 weeks ago.  No answer yet from MS.  Even with premium connectors, such as Encodian, the conversion still loses any formatted fonts.  I will update here if I get a solution from them.

JRRRS
Frequent Visitor

@Rezz2020 wrote:

Have you found the cause? 

No, sorry... never heard anything. It used to work properly (looks like 2 years ago now lol).

I haven't tried it recently to see if it was resolved, but based on the recent replies from you and @rbobb42288 I have to assume the issue is still showing up.

Although I don't know the cause, I came up with a workaround:

• first I created small .svg files in Inkscape that used my desired font and I made sure to select the text block and press "object to path" on it before saving it,
  • then I imported those .svg files as images into my Word file to use in place of the specific font. Only then could I maintain the fonts after Flow's .pdf conversion.

However, the reason this worked for my situation was because I only needed the font for the document's letterhead and could reuse that .svg anywhere I needed the header. This would be much too cumbersome to work for dynamic documents or documents using a problem font for the main body of a document.

I'm not sure what changed with that particular connector, but it was very aggravating since it had worked correctly at one point. If my workaround isn't practical in your environment, perhaps you can find something in Word that will work to achieve a similar result. I honestly don't know though because I stopped looking for a solution after I got the .svg imports to work in Flow conversions.

But if you do come up with a new way then I'd love to hear it!

**edit** I should mention that I didn't create separate .svg files for each letter using the font, but rather for the whole text block in the header. My browser reopened here this morning and I re-read this and wanted to make that clearer 🙂

Awad
Frequent Visitor

Does anyone got solution for this issue ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,601)