cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeanV
Regular Visitor

OneNote section list and page creation

I started to create a new flow that triggers off of a new OneNote page creation.  I was able to select the OneNote notebook, but when I try to list & select a section there are none in the dropdown.  When I look at a Flow created a month or 2 ago on the same notebook, it has a long URL rather than a section name.  Using that URL allows the new Flow to fire properly.  However, I don't understand the contruction of that url or the guids needed for other sections in the notebook I may want to use.

The second issue is possibly related.  When I use the same notebook and section url to create a OneNote page, I receive the error "The specified resource ID does not exist.".

Any idea why I can't see section listed in the dropdown rather than having to specify a URL (which I won't know for many sections).

And why I can't create a page in that section.

The problem only occurs on some notebooks.  I suspected it might be a security issue, but I confirmed I have full rights to the sharepoint site the notebook is on.

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DeanV ,

• First, you need to make sure that these Notebooks are accessible and available.
  • There is also a need to ensure that there are indeed expected sections in these notebooks.
  • Finally, you need to make sure that these notebooks have successfully synchronized data on different devices.

Please check the above to see if it have an impact on your Flow.

Also for configuring the Notebook section, you could consider using the following expression to get the url.

concat(triggerBody()['parentSection']['self'],'/pages')

Image reference:

83.PNG

But it's worth noting that if you have such a configuration, it will cause Flow to fall into a loop because the page is created in the same section.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-bacao-msft ,

Thanks for your input.  I'm not sure what the definiton of #1 'accessible and avalable' is, but the fact that the Flow can watch for and trigger a run when a new page is added makes me think that it is.  The same would be true for #3 'syncronized on different devices'.  The sections do exist in the notebook.  They have for some time, and as I mentioned an older Flow written a few months ago was able to list all the section approriatly at the time.  It seems as though something has changed, but as far as I know it was nothing we did.  The notebook has not moved and our setup is the same.

I tried the expression you provided and received the same error.

Any other ideas?

DeanV
Regular Visitor

This is still an issue for me.  Anyone else?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,349)