cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeanV
Level: Powered On

OneNote section list and page creation

I started to create a new flow that triggers off of a new OneNote page creation.  I was able to select the OneNote notebook, but when I try to list & select a section there are none in the dropdown.  When I look at a Flow created a month or 2 ago on the same notebook, it has a long URL rather than a section name.  Using that URL allows the new Flow to fire properly.  However, I don't understand the contruction of that url or the guids needed for other sections in the notebook I may want to use.

The second issue is possibly related.  When I use the same notebook and section url to create a OneNote page, I receive the error "The specified resource ID does not exist.".

Any idea why I can't see section listed in the dropdown rather than having to specify a URL (which I won't know for many sections).

And why I can't create a page in that section.

The problem only occurs on some notebooks.  I suspected it might be a security issue, but I confirmed I have full rights to the sharepoint site the notebook is on.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: OneNote section list and page creation

Hi @DeanV ,

• First, you need to make sure that these Notebooks are accessible and available.
  • There is also a need to ensure that there are indeed expected sections in these notebooks.
  • Finally, you need to make sure that these notebooks have successfully synchronized data on different devices.

Please check the above to see if it have an impact on your Flow.

Also for configuring the Notebook section, you could consider using the following expression to get the url.

concat(triggerBody()['parentSection']['self'],'/pages')

Image reference:

83.PNG

But it's worth noting that if you have such a configuration, it will cause Flow to fall into a loop because the page is created in the same section.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DeanV

@v-bacao-msft ,

Thanks for your input.  I'm not sure what the definiton of #1 'accessible and avalable' is, but the fact that the Flow can watch for and trigger a run when a new page is added makes me think that it is.  The same would be true for #3 'syncronized on different devices'.  The sections do exist in the notebook.  They have for some time, and as I mentioned an older Flow written a few months ago was able to list all the section approriatly at the time.  It seems as though something has changed, but as far as I know it was nothing we did.  The notebook has not moved and our setup is the same.

I tried the expression you provided and received the same error.

Any other ideas?

DeanV

This is still an issue for me.  Anyone else?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 369 members 4,301 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: