cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Out-of-the-box Request Sign-off Flow document locked "Do until" logic is inverted

Hi all,

I've been trying to solve an issue involving the out-of-the-box Request Sign-off Flow that can be enabled on SharePoint lists and libraries. In my travels, I noticed that one logical clause on both the Approved and Rejected branch "Do until" actions has its logic inverted.

That is, the "Do until" condition in both branches state, as seen in the screenshot:

@or(less(variables('retries'),20),equals(variables('updateSucceeded'), true))

Request Sign-off - Do-until only once.png

On the first loop check, Retries (1) is always less than 20, so even if the update item action fails, the "Do until" loop immediately ends and the Approve/Reject failure email notification is sent, instead of trying again after 1,4,9,16,25,[...] minutes as intended. The first clause should be either "less(20,variables('retries'))" or "more(variables('retries'),20)".

Cheers!

Josh

P.S. For anyone wondering, I gained access to this Flow by following John Liu's quasi-related article here:

http://johnliu.net/blog/2018/7/flow-for-selected-item-trigger-and-sharepoint-site-pages-in-a-detecti...

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Out-of-the-box Request Sign-off Flow document locked "Do until" logic is inverted

Hi @joshnystrom ,

How do you set up the “updatesucceeded” variable?

Could you share more details on the results?

You are using or function, so when one of the conditions meets, it will return True. Please take a try with and function to see if it will work as expected.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Re: Out-of-the-box Request Sign-off Flow document locked "Do until" logic is inverted

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

Just to clarify - this Flow is not my design. It is the "Request sign-off" Flow that is auto-created on a SP List or Library when selected within the Configure Flows flyout, as seen here:

Configure Flows - Request sign-off.JPG

So, I am seeking only to bring this to the Flow development team's attention. The flaw is plain and apparent, and if you'd like to see for yourself, you can follow some of the steps in the John Liu article I linked to gain access to this same Flow from any List or Library configured as shown.

Thanks,

Josh

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joshnystrom ,

Thanks for feedback.

I will help report this issue on my side.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,667)