cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SPMP
Level: Powered On

Outlook When New Mail Arrives - handling multiple imbedded images

If you send an email thru Microsoft Outlook Web client and include in the Body of the Email more than 1 imbeded image and use Flow to process the email (When new Mail Arrives in a Shared Mailbox in my testing)  and create a new Sharepoint Item with separate flow action to add all the attachments from the Email the result is ONLY one attachment PastedImage.png.   We encountered the same issue when using the Import Tool from Infowise and Infowise fixed the problem with modification to their code.   Here is snippet of the simple Flow SimpleFlow.PNG

The Flow is correct and processes all attachments -- because I tested it with emails containing multiple attachments and the Sharepoint item was create correctly with mulitple attachments.   I think its the way Microsoft Outloook handles imbedded images and PastedImage.png is reused so you only get the last or first imbeded image as an attachment.

Very simple to test -- create flow using the Outlook Trigger when new mail arrives - then create a Sharepoint item from the Email and add a for each loop to add all the attachments.   Then using Outlook Web Client test with an email with 2 imbeded images in the email  -- the result will be a new Sharepoint Item with the body showing 2 x icons and ONE attachment (PastedImage.png)

1 REPLY 1
SPMP
Level: Powered On

Re: Outlook When New Mail Arrives - handling multiple imbedded images

NOTE that if I send the Email from Microsoft Outlook Mail Windows client then I get both images attached -- as Image0001.png and image0002.png.    Microsoft really needs to get its act together here as these are ALL Microsoft product (Outlook Web Client, Outlook desktop, and Sharepoint) -- one would expect them to work correctly with Flow seamlessly and not have these kind of issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,284)