cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Outlook event is send as updated for new event instead of added Using Outlook client

Hello All,

We are encountering issue with flow. We have trigger when event added updated and deleted on outlook(This operation triggers a flow when an event is added, updated or deleted in a calender).
Issue is, 

When we are using outlook client and trying to create new event, in the flow action type goes as "updated" not added.

However when we use online office outlook account  and try to create new event it works and action type goes as "added".

Earlier it was working not sure why outlook client new event treated as updated.

Please help us.

Outlook version:

Outlook version 1808 build 10730.20334

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @RPSingh ,

I can reproduce the same issue on my side.

When a new event is added in the Outlook client, the 'ActionType' is shown as 'updated'.

Capture3.PNG

However when a new event is added in the online office outlook, the 'ActionType' is shown as 'added'.

Capture4.PNG

I suggest you use the 'When a new event is created (V2)' action here.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @RPSingh ,

I can reproduce the same issue on my side.

When a new event is added in the Outlook client, the 'ActionType' is shown as 'updated'.

Capture3.PNG

However when a new event is added in the online office outlook, the 'ActionType' is shown as 'added'.

Capture4.PNG

I suggest you use the 'When a new event is created (V2)' action here.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I run into the same issue, but also in the web client. When examined closer, it seems like the "added, updated or deleted"-trigger is semi-broken.  When looking at the details of the object, I can see that the "created time" and "last modified time" differs from one another, even though the object was just created.

"createdDateTime": "2019-10-10T08:29:34.423957+00:00",
"lastModifiedDateTime": "2019-10-10T08:29:54.5194195+00:00",

My guess was initially that the create time is set for the moment when you click "add an appointment/meeting/new items" in the outlook desktop client, but since you most likely immediatly start editing it, the trigger doesn't go off. Instead, the trigger kicks in when you click "save & close" which also sets the last modified date to that time. Subsequently, since the create time and modified time differs from one another, the trigger reckognizes this as an updated event, rather than a new one.... 

But that theory was sort of shot down when i experienced the same issue in the web client, allthough with a much tighter timeframe:

"createdDateTime": "2019-10-10T09:10:36.0061785+00:00",
"lastModifiedDateTime": "2019-10-10T09:10:37.0685879+00:00",

What causes this i don't know, perhaps connected to some kind of lag or response time in the communications between user and flow app?
Perhaps the actiontype "added" or "updated" shouldn't be triggered on created and modfied time, but rather if the objects unique-id already exist in the calendar or not?

And unfortuantly for me, the wortk around with using the other trigger doesnät work for me, as we want to use this to add, update or delete events in the events web part on various sharepoint sites. and then we need to be abel to discern when something is also updated or deleted....

So, please MS, fix this...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,604)