cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbrown
Advocate II
Advocate II

Parallel flow in conditional

I'm not sure this is a bug, but I seem to be unable to add a parallel flow to the top of a conditional. I can add an action, and have a parallel flow come off that action, but if I want a conditional to lead directly into a parallel flow, well that seems impossible right now. This looks like a simple omision of the option.

6 REPLIES 6
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bbrown,

Would you please explain a bit for the "a parallel flow to the top of a conditional.", or share a screenshot as an example?

If I understand correctly, I think I could add the parallel action before the action:

33.PNG

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sure, what I mean is that I don't see a way to make the top action inside the conditional outcomes into a parallel flow. When first adding an action in a conditional outcome inside the "IF YES" and "IF NO" statements, when you click more you get a truncated menu missing the parallel item, but adding an action after that off of an action can be parallelized just fine. This has lead me to needing to add a dummy action to the top of my "IF NO" outcome, in order to allow me to add a parallelized approval action.

@bbrown have you seen a resolution to this yet?  Running into the same logic problem.  And, if no resolution, what was your work around?

Thanks!

No real resolution yet. I've got a dummy action instead. Basically I send an empty email to an account set up just for this, so that off that email I can go into a parallel flow. I imagine there are other actions that could easily replace it without having to have that junk email, but the email is something I knew would work so I just went with it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to do the same thing.

gamoraes
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @bbrown, @Anonymous and @blalor1

I have a workaround for this.

You can do theses steps to do this

1- Create two empty scope inside the condiction
2- Click on the '+' sign and add a parallel action

See the images above:

Adding emptys scopesAdding emptys scopesAdding Parallel branchAdding Parallel branch

ResultResult
OBS: You cant delete the first(top) scope

Best Regards,

Gustavo Moraes

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Gustavo Moraes, o astronauta brasileiro do Flow!

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,448)