cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephKDonahue
Level: Power Up

People field reutrns null value in Flow

When attempting to build a recurring reminder for a classic task list, the Flow fails.  The "Assigned To" People field is returning blank/null (see error message below and attached screenshots).  Using a modern list with a People field, the same flow works fine (note: I used the export/import feature and associated the modern list)

Status Code: 400

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000427 EndHTML:000070160 StartFragment:000069511 EndFragment:000069721 StartSelection:000069511 EndSelection:000069721 SourceURL:https://us.flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/Default-67482a5e-f585-41f6-8555-28e226761b68/flows... Manage your flows | Microsoft Flow
{ "status": 400, "message": "One or more recipients are invalid.\r\nclientRequestId: ce590548-9f51-4707-9485-4e55ad8ef155", "source": "office365connectionprovider-westus.tip0-westus.p.azurewebsites.net" }

EditFlow_AssignedTo_SDonahue.pngResults_Error_Flow_SDonahue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps Staff KeremY
Power Apps Staff

Re: People field reutrns null value in Flow

Are you using a multi-value field for Assigned to? That will result in a null today. We are working on a fix at the moment, ETA is hopefully end of september.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Power Automate Staff merwan
Power Automate Staff

Looping in @KeremY to investigate. 

Highlighted
Power Apps Staff KeremY
Power Apps Staff

Are you using a multi-value field for Assigned to? That will result in a null today. We are working on a fix at the moment, ETA is hopefully end of september.

View solution in original post

StephKDonahue

I can confirm the default for the Assigned To field in the Task item is a multi-value field, so that is what we were using.  I went in and adjusted that to no longer allow multiple selections and Flow runs successfully.  Thank you!  

mshouck1987

Any update on this capability?

Power Automate Staff merwan
Power Automate Staff

Hi @mshouck1987 - we are currently working on adding multi-value support and expect to have it out within the next month or so. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys ,

Currently have a situation where flow is triggered when item exists in SharePoint Library so i made use of trigger (When a file is created - properties only), and i have a condition  where i need to send an email based on dropdown value is "******"  and then follow up the mail for evry 3 days based on the same condition , i have made use of delay and do until to achieve the same .

But when i uplaod an file and check in the flow is getting triggered and getting failed showing Bad Request ( One or more recipeints are null in send an email action) , I want to make sure that email recipent is not a mutli user column and still it shows empy.

Please need your help as early as possible , also is there any other way to achive item exists trigger in library

Flow 1 errors.JPGFlow 2 errors.JPG

Shivi
Level: Powered On

Any update on this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,993)