cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarvisjm
Level: Powered On

Pipedrive - Add a Deal

Anyone using Pipedrive connector to Add a Deal? I am getting a 400 error: 

{"success":false,"error":"Stage not found.","error_info":"Please check developers.pipedrive.com for more information about Pipedrive API.","data":null,"additional_data":null}

The available Stage Id in the given list are default Stage Names, but we've deleted/edited those and created new ones in our Pipedrive account.

I have tried renaming our Stage Name to one of these default Stage Names, typing in the custom value as the correct Stage Id, also a custom value as a Stage Name, and leaving it blank (supposedly assigns the new deal to a default stage). I receive the same error for all of these attempts.

I have tested that our connector is working by using "Get Deal by Id", which does return as a success.

At the very least, the Add a Deal should work if I leave the Stage Id blank.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jarvisjm

Re: Pipedrive - Add a Deal

While typing the question, I think that I've discovered the problem, but I posted anyways incase others run into this.

The default stage in Pipedrive should have Stage Id: 1.  This stage was deleted in our Pipedrive account, so I'm contacting Pipedrive in the mean time to see if we can recover the stage with Stage Id: 1. The custom Stage Name does not matter, because the connector appears to  use the Stage Id for the Input, so:

Lead In = Stage Id : 1

Contact Made = Stage Id : 2

Demo Scheduled = Stage Id : 3

Proposal Made = Stage Id : 4

Negotiations Started = Stage Id : 5

If you've deleted the any of the above Stage Id's, then the "Add deal" action does not seem to work.  I'm not sure how Flow has this Action structured, so it's still a mystery as to why I cannot put a custom Stage Id #  without getting a 400 error?

5 REPLIES 5
jarvisjm

While typing the question, I think that I've discovered the problem, but I posted anyways incase others run into this.

The default stage in Pipedrive should have Stage Id: 1.  This stage was deleted in our Pipedrive account, so I'm contacting Pipedrive in the mean time to see if we can recover the stage with Stage Id: 1. The custom Stage Name does not matter, because the connector appears to  use the Stage Id for the Input, so:

Lead In = Stage Id : 1

Contact Made = Stage Id : 2

Demo Scheduled = Stage Id : 3

Proposal Made = Stage Id : 4

Negotiations Started = Stage Id : 5

If you've deleted the any of the above Stage Id's, then the "Add deal" action does not seem to work.  I'm not sure how Flow has this Action structured, so it's still a mystery as to why I cannot put a custom Stage Id #  without getting a 400 error?

Certa
Level: Power Up

I think you're right. The Pipedrive API will create a deal with only a "Deal Name". If no "Stage ID" is provided it seems to default to the first stage in the pipeline (at least on my API test).

This error seems to indicate that a "Stage ID" is being provided and since that stage ID doesn't exist, it fails.

I can't imagine that the connector is hard coded. Having (and editing) multiple stages is a pretty routine thing.

Cheers

Kurt

Highlighted
jarvisjm

Thanks for confirming.

I did a little bit of additional testing, If the Stage is left blank on the the Microsoft Flow connector, then the Deal should be added to the default stage, instead it adds it to {"stage_id":1} which also means {"pipeline_id":1}. Because of this, the Add a Deal action will only work on the original 5 stages within {"pipeline_id":1}.

Has anyone been able to Add a Deal in a different pipeline (eg. {"pipeline_id":2})?

Testing on the Pipedrive API suggest to me that the default stage has an {"order_nr":1} within the pipeline that has an {"order_nr":0}, regardless of what the pipeline_id and stage_id values are.

Thank you

-Jeff

jarvisjm

As a side note, if you face this problem, you can contact Pipedrive and request that they recover these deleted stages.

SimonT1
Level: Power Up

If you hover over the Stage name in the Pipeline settings the stage id (number) shows up at the bottom of your screen. I want to send the data to Stage ID 28 in our world but it keeps landing in the first stage of our first pipeline. Struggling to fix this. Sad face emoji.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 392 members 5,756 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: