cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willeym
Level: Powered On

Planner.ListTasks does not return all tasks in the plan

I've encountered an error where the Planner.ListTasks connector is not returning some of the tasks in the specified plan.

I have a list of tasks in Planner that are being generated by a Flow.  This is used for onboarding new employees, so that the Flow is triggered by a new hire, creates the tasks necessary for onboarding the employee, and places those tasks in a bucket named for the employee.  I also have a PowerApp app that runs on my tablet, allowing me to pull together information about that employee from a few difference sources and check off each item in their Planner bucket as the task is completed.

This has been working correctly, but recently I noticed that some tasks had stopped showing up in certain buckets in my PowerApp.  I still see all tasks in Planner.  During troubleshooting, I added a test screen in my PowerApp that just pulled all tasks into a data table with no filtering or sorting, and manually checked those against the tasks in Planner.  The missing tasks were also missing from this raw data.

The only other thing that has changed recently is that I needed to manually add some tasks to a few employee's buckets.  I did notice the missing tasks AFTER doing this, and there is some correspondence between the buckets that had items manually entered and the buckets that are missing tasks.  In those cases, the new tasks seem to be showing up while the older tasks are missing.  This hasn't been confirmed 100% however, and deleting the new tasks from the buckets does not seem to change anything.

The Flow, the PowerApp, and the Planner are all owned by and running as me, so I don't believe there should be any permissions issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: Planner.ListTasks does not return all tasks in the plan

Hi @willeym ,

I have made a test on my side to list all the Tasks  from different buckets in one Plan.

However it doesn't has the issue you have mentioned. I can get all the list in the flow.

Please make sure all the buckets are in the same Plan.

Capture8.PNG

I suggest you rebuild the flow for a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
willeym
Level: Powered On

I should add that using Planner.ListTasksV2 instead of Planner.ListTasks does not change my results.

v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Hi @willeym ,

I have made a test on my side to list all the Tasks  from different buckets in one Plan.

However it doesn't has the issue you have mentioned. I can get all the list in the flow.

Please make sure all the buckets are in the same Plan.

Capture8.PNG

I suggest you rebuild the flow for a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 369 members 5,731 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: