cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
555-5785
Regular Visitor

Populate a Microsoft Word Template Dynamic Schema Out of Order

Using the Populate a Microsoft Word Template connector, plain text content controls, blank Word .docx except for the content controls. When the file library and the file location are mapped, the dynamic schema populate out of order. Additionally, if I pass the correct variable from Power Apps to the corresponding field, it will still end up in the incorrect order on the created Word document.

2 REPLIES 2
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@555-5785 

Make sure on your template content controls are given a proper title

Mira_Ghaly_0-1614635341137.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Yes - exactly - they have all been given a very simple title.

For example, I create 5 content controls, one below the other control1, control2, control 3, control4, control5. When the connector populates the schema, it will be control2, control5, control3, control1, control4. I delete the flow, the document, the app etc and start from scratch. The same problem occurs. Strangely, it used to work when I first began experimenting with the connector.

Is there some sort of setting in Word that may have changed that is causing the error?

Five Controls.docx.pngSimple flow.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (86,086)