cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Populate word document with table data

I'm having an issue populating word documents from a template with table data.

When opening the newly created document in word online, the table is not showing.

However, when i open the document in the word client, the table is visible and populated as expected.

Here is a test from sandbox environment, which runs sucessfully:

image.png

Document opened in word online:

image.png

Document opened in word client:

image.png

After the document is opened in the client, the table appears in the online document.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Populate word document with table data

Hi @barboge,

This may be caused by the fact that you created the word file locally. When you created the file, the local data in OneDrive was updated. You can access it via a folder in your File Explorer, if you want to access from OneDrive for Business on the web, it will spend time to sync. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Populate word document with table data

@v-litu-msft thank you for the input.

I don't see how sync can be the issue. The table doesn't appear even if i keep the document open for 5 minutes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,570)