Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Posible bug on When a file is created OneDrive for Business trigger

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a simple Flow with 2 steps:
    • When a file is created OneDrive for Business trigger (Operation ID: OnNewFileV2)
    • Send an email Office 365 Outlook action, to send an email with the just created file as attachment
  2. Upload a file in the following way:
    • As part of our business process with received an email from a Payroll provider that send us PDF and XML files as attachments, so, in Outlook, open any of these emails that have attachments.
    • Right click on any attachment (PDF or XML files) and select Save As
    • Save the file to a local folder synced with OneDrive for Business
    • The file is upload to OneDrive for Business, but the trigger is not fired
    • HOWEVER, if instead of do a Save As, you copy the attachment and paste it in the local synced folder, then the trigger is fire.

What I saw is when you Save As the attachment into the local folder and then the file is uploaded to OneDrive for Business, the file is not mark as new (the three little blue lines don't appear over the file name) and the modified date is filled with the creation date of the original file, but when you copy the attachment and then paste it to the local folder, then when the file is uploaded to OneDrive for Business the file is actually marked as new (you see the three little blue lines) and the modified date column is filed with "A few seconds ago"

This behavior "always happen", it is no "random", for now, we are copy and paste the files instead of Save as them, hope you can reproduce and fix the bug.

Best!

Daniel

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Posible bug on When a file is created OneDrive for Business trigger

Hi @danielvi ,

Thank for your feedback.

I have had some tests on my side. When I click Save in email and save it to local folder synced with OneDrive for Business, Flow can be triggered.

Please do a few more tests to check if there are any signs of triggering in Flow run history.

In addition, regarding the modified date that you mentioned shows the difference, I think this has nothing to do with MS Flow. The configuration of the Flow you mentioned does not seem to be able to change this date.

And as far as I know, MS Flow does not even support the ability to change OneDrive File metadata.

This seems to be related to OneDrive's mechanism for saving files, please consider getting more detailed answers in OneDrive for Business community:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/OneDrive-for-Business/ct-p/OneDriveforBusiness

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Posible bug on When a file is created OneDrive for Business trigger

Thanks for you answer!

This is my lastest update.

Despite the synchronization works perfect between my local folder and One Drive for Business, now, no matter how I create files in my local folder, either by Save as or Copy and Paste, the flow is not triggered. I am 100% sure the files are uploaded/synchronized to One Drive 🙂

The only way the flow is triggered  is if I upload the files directly in One Drive for Business web interface.

Since, I can work by uploading the files directly to One Drive and seems to be this only happen to me, I will live with this. 

Thanks for your help.

Best!

Daniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,351)