cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RangerXp

Power Automate Desktop installs but throws an Unhandled Error....related to OneDrive...then never opens

I'm getting this error below - I've uninstalled, reinstalled, not clear why.  On another Win10 laptop it installed just fine but not my primary (newer) one.  I noticed about the problem Win10 laptop that I can see a folder C:\Users\....\OneDrive\Apps\Power Automate Desktop For Windows and that it has a single CNT file.  On the laptop where the install went smoothly I do not see this folder within OneDrive.    Any idea how to overcome this?  

Full error message: 

Message = unspecified error

Error = WinAutomation.DataClients.OneDrive.OneDriveClientException

Full text = WinAutomation.DataClients.OneDrive.OneDriveClientException: unspecified error

at WinAutomation.DataClients.OneDrive.Http.OneDriveHttpClient.<DownloadFileAsync>d__5.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at WinAutomation.DataClients.OneDrive.OneDriveClient.<DownloadConsentFileAsync>d__14.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at WinAutomation.DataClients.OneDrive.OneDriveClient.<GetConsentContentAsync>d__18.MoveNext()

at WinAutomation.DataClients.OneDrive.OneDriveClient.<GetConsentEnrollmentRequestAsync>d__6.MoveNext()

at WinAutomation.Console.Persistence.Core.Repositories.Environments.OneDriveEnvironmentsRepository.<TryInitialize>d__8.MoveNext()

at WinAutomation.Console.Persistence.Core.Repositories.Environments.OneDriveEnvironmentsRepository.<GetDefaultAsync>d__7.MoveNext()

at WinAutomation.Console.Application.Environment.Commands.SetSelectedEnvironmentCommandHandler.<Handle>d__7.MoveNext()

at MediatR.Pipeline.RequestPostProcessorBehavior`2.<Handle>d__2.MoveNext()

at MediatR.Pipeline.RequestPreProcessorBehavior`2.<Handle>d__2.MoveNext()

at WinAutomation.Console.Host.MainViewModel.<SelectUserDefaultEnvironment>d__87.MoveNext()

at WinAutomation.Console.Host.MainViewModel.<OnSigninFlowFinishedEvent>d__82.MoveNext()

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

12 REPLIES 12
Nikith_k
Regular Visitor

Am not able to install "Machine runtime app". while installing it says "YOU CAN OPT TO INSTALL JUST ONE APP" Any solution please.Its allowing just to insall one app.Its allowing just to insall one app.No option of "Machine runtime app"No option of "Machine runtime app"

LorriJ

I have this same issue

JustinHornsby

I fixed the error by going into my %appdata%/local folder and deleting the Power Automate folder.  

It then prompted me to sign back in, and fixed the error.   

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,476)