cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Power Automate | Google Forms not triggering flow

Hi,

I have been trying to launch a new flow using one of Microsoft Models. This flow starts with a trigger from Microsoft Forms. However, when I try to verify flow, there are no erros (which is fine). But when I try to test, the flow isn't triggered and it does not recognize the form filled out by me. 

How I can solve this?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Power Automate | Google Forms not triggering flow

@v-bacao-msft 

I have figured it out. Basically I was using a group form to do the flow (which is not allowed). So I changed the selected form for the form ID (suggested on another thread) and it's working perfectly.

Thank you for the patience!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pdias16 ,

Can you share screenshots of Flow configuration?

Please make sure you can select Form id from the drop-down list.

Please provide more details so that we could check the error easily.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi!

First off, thank you for responding so quickly 🙂

I am sharing the screenshot. Basically, my objective is to have a form filled out and after it is, create a planner task from it and send a message to a teams channel too.

https://carulconstrucoadministra.sharepoint.com/:i:/s/Markting/Eei9vjwKoFJAsb8TImYMIb0B_IFuB_aWdqS0z...

Ideally, I wanted to substitute the teams channel message for an email to two people but I wanted to get this working first. 

What do you think seems to be the problem? After filling in the form, I am not receiving any task in planner or any activity on Power Automate.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pdias16 ,

I cannot access the screenshot you provide, please try to upload the screenshot through the following method:

185.PNG

Besides, please ensure that you have selected a correct form in the dropdown list. You could try to update the connection.

If you are using the flow template to create the flow, you could try to create a new flow from blank.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi!

I was unable to attach a screenshot. Let me try again.

Screenshot_Flow.PNG

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@v-bacao-msft ,

I have tried recreating a new flow and when I test it, it does not register the first step (filling out the form). However, the form response is registered in microsoft forms.

I'm pretty confused...I think it's the actual flow that's not recording the filling out the form completion.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pdias16 ,

I'm afraid I don't understand what issue you are experiencing. Can you provide more explanation? I don't know whether the problem you mentioned refers to Flow's trigger or Forms.

I did some tests on my side, but the trigger's performance was as expected, and I didn't encounter any problems.

Please try to update the connection of the trigger.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

Let me try and explain step by step. I've done this before so I'm not sure what's happening either. Sorry for insisting.

I clicked "Test" on the flow.

I fill out the form and I check if there was a filled out form registered - Yes. 

I checked the flow again and nothing happened. 

Does this mean it was not triggered or that the form itself is not the one connected to the flow?

Thank you again

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@v-bacao-msft 

I have figured it out. Basically I was using a group form to do the flow (which is not allowed). So I changed the selected form for the form ID (suggested on another thread) and it's working perfectly.

Thank you for the patience!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pdias16 ,

Hmm, what makes me strange is that your screenshot shows that you can select Forms from the drop-down list, so this seems to mislead me.

Generally, if the form is a group form, we need to obtain the Form id in the Forms portal, and then click Enter custom value and enter the Form id when configuring Flow.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,253)