cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Automate - Sharepoint Get Files (Properties Only) - Include Nested Items

Hi,

I have a problem with the field 'Include Nested Items' in the action Sharepoint Get Files (Properties Only).

The flow doesn't retrieve any data if the field is empty (set to default) or if it's set to 'Yes'.

It must be set to 'No' for the flow to works.

I was hopping that the action can retrieve informations from the selected folder (Field 'Limit entries to folder') and the sub-folders include within.

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The problem occurs because there is a limitation on items in a library. The maximum limit is 5000 files/items.

In the folder with the issue there is just 4 nested folders and 2 files, but there is 10 000 elements in the document library.

I tested the flow with a new document Library (10 elements) in the same SharePoint site and the flow worked perfectly.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FBedard05 ,

I did a test on my side. Even if Include Nested Items field is not set, the Get Files action will return the items in the subfolder as expected. The results of its operation are in line with expectations, and there does not seem to be any errors.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-bacao-msft, but sadly it doesn't work for me.

If I had yes in the sub-folders I have no result at all.

2020-10-09 16_01_11-2020-10-07 11_42_04-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.jpg - Visionneuse de photos .jpg

Hi @FBedard05 ,

You don’t need to make a choice and click File browser to select the folder path when configuring Limit Entries to Folder.

And you could update the connection, then try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm seeing the same issue with this Action My flow has stopped working correctly when using a filter query for a specific Column in SharePoint.

My parameters:

1. Limit Entries to Folder was left at the default (blank)

2. Include Nested Items was left at the default (blank)

The action currently returns null results (i.e. it doesn't find the matching column in SharePoint with the data that I place in the filter query. This would work correctly when I set this up 4 months ago.

peterlireland77_0-1603463294300.png

When I add the following options to the parameters it returns results from SharePoint

My parameters:

1. Limit Entries to Folder was set to a specific folder in the Document Library

2. Include Nested Items was set to No

peterlireland77_1-1603463392734.png

Then it returns the file item (which I know is sitting SharePoint with the correct details since I put it there and verified it)

Feels like a bug to me.

Did you ever figure this out?  I'm seeing the same problem, and it's really been frustrating me over the past couple of days.  

Frequent Visitor

Nope the issue still stands... had to redesign some of my flows to work around it

The problem occurs because there is a limitation on items in a library. The maximum limit is 5000 files/items.

In the folder with the issue there is just 4 nested folders and 2 files, but there is 10 000 elements in the document library.

I tested the flow with a new document Library (10 elements) in the same SharePoint site and the flow worked perfectly.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (93,989)