cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simo_v

Power Automate insert wrong decimal numbers in excel

Hi, I'm having the following problem: when I insert a decimal number through the connector "insert a row (Excel Online, Business)" the number in excel is not recognized with the right format but as a string. The cell format is set to" Number "and if I focus and unfocus the cell, the value is then correctly interpreted. An example is the highlited row in the image below. I already check that there aren't "strange" character in the json that i pass from power automate ("21,5" only the digit and the comma as separator).

If i pass an integer number (eg. 10) it works well.

Thank you

Cattura.PNG

1 REPLY 1
sumurthy
Microsoft
Microsoft

I wonder what the number format of the column/cells are in the target spreadsheet. 

The easy solution would be to use Office Scripts (via Run Script) option to not only update, but also format the column to your specification. Then you don't have to worry too much about controlling it from the generic update actions available in add-row actions. This also is quite perf optimal as you can update/format using APIs. 

Please check https://docs.microsoft.com/office/dev/scripts/develop/power-automate-integration?view=office-scripts

Please message if you need help with scripts.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Users online (35,285)