Power Automate "When a file is created or modified in sharepoint" not working when a new file is synced via Onedrive local folder, if the file's "modified date" is earlier than the latest file in the Sharepoint folder
There's this absolutely frustrating issue we have here, reproduced by the following:
- We've set up a flow "whenever a file is created or modified in Sharepoint" -> "Upload as Azure blob"
- There are multiple files being dumped by multiple users into the folder, with various dates.
- The issue is that when a file is put into the onedrive folder (even if it's new to the folder), the flow does not trigger if the added file's "last modified date" is earlier than any other file currently in the onedrive folder.
In our use case, files are processed asynchronously and are reviewed before submitted via the onedrive folder. If someone else submits a file before you've finished reviewing the output, their 'last modified date' will be later than yours, and your file won't get captured by the flow trigger.
I believe this is a bug, has anyone else encountered the same?
- The flow triggers correctly if the older file is uploaded via the SharePoint web app. It's only when putting it into the SharePoint site via a synced local OneDrive folder that it fails.
- The flow trigger works also if the trigger is set to "When a file is created", not "When a file is created or modified". This is unacceptable though, since sometimes the files are overwritten with more recent versions and we do need the latest files.